- Long-term cultural management strategies
- Reduce surface moisture with morning mowing, rolling, dew-whipping, or dragging a hose.
- Light rates of quick release N will also help limit dollar spot. Rates as low as 0.1 lb. N/1,000 sq. ft./7-14 days are recommended for greens with higher rates for fairways.
- Fungicide solutions from Bayer
- Interface® Stressgard®, Tartan® Stressgard, Bayleton® Flo, Mirage® Stressgard and 26GT® all provide dollar spot control.
- Exteris® Stressgard is the newest SDHI fungicide from Bayer that includes Leaf-Cote™ technology providing both quick curative knockdown and long-term residual control of dollar spot.
- Avoiding fungicide resistance
- Dollar spot resistance to various fungicide classes has been documented.
- Maximize cultural practices to minimize dollar spot incidence.
- Avoid exclusive use of the same fungicide or fungicides with the same mode of action or FRAC code, this is especially important now with the eight different active ingredients in the SDHI family.
- Alternate or tank-mix fungicides from different modes of action or FRAC codes.
- Alternate or tank-mix contact fungicides with systemic fungicides.
- More information – See the attached Bayer Solutions Guide below and contact your Bayer Area Sales Manager if you need assistance.
Dollar spot mycelium on fairway height creeping bentgrass. Photo: Zac Reicher, Ph.D., Bayer.
|Bayer Solutions - DollarSpot - COOL|