Altus is a novel insecticide that can be used on a wide range of plants anytime during the production cycle for targeted control of whiteflies, aphids and other harmful insects. With Altus, growers can utilize long-lasting drench applications for more difficult crops (such as poinsettias) and containers (such as hanging baskets).
Altus contains a new active ingredient for the ornamentals market. Flupyradifurone is a new butenolide chemistry and is a great fit for integrated pest management programs. With an excellent non-target safety profile, Altus offers flexible and long-lasting performance and is compatible with honey bees, bumble bees and many beneficial insects in all production ornamental settings.
Flexible, long-lasting performance
- Compatible with or low impact on honey bees, bumble bees and many beneficial arthropods
- No application timing restrictions. Labeled for use before, during and after plant bloom.
- Excellent residual control – up to 4-6 weeks
- Four-hour, re-entry interval (REI) minimizes business disruption (12-hour REI in CA.)
- Rapid and strong feeding cessation effect
- Rotational chemistry reduces risk of resistance
- One product treats all greenhouse crops, including vegetable transplants
- Classified as a reduced risk product by the EPA
Aphids, Leafhoppers, Whiteflies, Scales, Psyllids
Please see the product label for a full list of pests.
Production ornamentals, greenhouse vegetables and transplants, fruits, nut trees and landscapes.
Foliar and drench