Ronstar herbicide controls weeds through shoots, not roots, so unlike competitive products that don’t distinguish between roots of weeds and roots of desirable plants, Ronstar doesn’t harm healthy turf.
This product can be applied to sensitive grasses and areas when roots are already weakened by winterkill, pests or injury. It can also be used effectively for weed control in production and conifer nurseries. Ronstar G is not suitable for home lawns, but can be used in residential landscape areas such as ornamental beds.
Works on both warm- and cool-season grasses as well as landscape ornamentals
- One pre-emergent application – even in cold weather, or weeks before seed germination – controls weeds all season long
- Offers an environment conducive to sprigging
- Doesn’t inhibit turf root growth or recovery from damage
- Doesn’t prevent roots from tacking down
- Can be applied to both newly transplanted and established ornamentals
- Can be applied to woody ornamental shrubs, vines, trees and conifer nurseries
Bittergrass, bristly oxtongue, carpetweed, cheeseweed, common groundsel, common purslane, evening primrose ragwort, lambsquarters, liverwort, oxalis, Pennsylvania smartweed, petty spurge, prostrate spurge, redroot pigweed, sow thistle, speedwell, spotted catsear, swinecress, yellow woodsorrel
Annual bluegrass, weedgrass, crabgrass, fall panicum, goosegrass, green foxtail, wild oats
Also labeled for use in these areas. To return to the Production Ornamentals or Golf Course sections, click the image below.
Please see the product label for a full list of weeds controlled.