Indemnify is an innovative nematicide that offers control of key nematodes on warm- and cool-season grasses. It improves root growth and overall turfgrass health, translating to better playability with improved wear tolerance.
Indemnify at a Glance
|Mode of Action:
||Succinate dehydrogenase inhibitor (SDHI)
||Pyridinyl ethyl benzamide
||Preventive or curative nematicide
||Can be applied on all turfgrass species
How Indemnify Works
Fluopyram, the active ingredient in Indemnify, blocks nematodes’ cellular respiration and limits their ability to produce energy. The energy-drained nematodes straighten out and become paralyzed. They stop feeding on roots and eventually die.
- Indemnify effectively controls key root-feeding nematodes of turfgrass, including but not limited to, sting, root-knot, ring and has activity on the foliar-feeding nematode Anguina pacificae
- Use as a preventive or curative nematicide
- Application is simple and is without course closure or extensive cultural practices, just spray and water into root zone
Ease of Use
- Controls root-feeding nematodes such as sting, stunt, root-knot and the foliar-feeding Anguina pacificae, a problem of Poa annua greens in California
- Simple application without course closure – just spray and water into root zone within 24 hours
- Delivers long-lasting residual in the root zone
- Positively impacts root health and length, helping to improve turfgrass quality and density
- Flexible timing integrates well with turf maintenance programs throughout the year
- Can be applied on all turfgrass species
How to Use
- Application as a foliar spray
- Flexible timing integrates well into current Best Management Practice (BMP) programs
- Long duration of control means fewer applications are required
- Can apply on all turfgrass species which includes, bermudagrass, bentgrass and annual bluegrass
- Good environmental profile with CAUTION signal word
- Personal Protection Equipment – long sleeved shirt, long pants, shoes plus socks, chemical-resistant gloves (such as nitrile or butyl)
- Apply Indemnify prior to and during active root growth to maximize turf recovery without the root-feeding damage caused by plant parasitic nematodes
- Control key nematodes in the fall in southern regions prior to peak golf play in the winter months
- Control key nematodes in the spring in other regions like the transition zone prior to peak golf play in the summer
- Use curatively at first sign of turfgrass stress due to nematodes
What are the key features of Indemnify?
What does Indemnify look like?
- Provides preventive and curative control of key plant parasitic nematodes that feed on turfgrass roots
- Advanced formulation technology provides optimized distribution of the nematicide in the root zone
- The signal word on the label is CAUTION and one immediate benefit is that course closure is not required when using Indemnify
What nematodes does Indemnify control?
- Indemnify is a liquid, soluble concentrate formulation that provides easy application as a foliar spray
- The concentrated product is blue to enhance precise measurement by applicators; sprays clear and is non-staining
Where can Indemnify be applied?
- Controls important root-feeding nematodes such as sting and root knot, and has activity on many other plant parasitic nematodes
- Controls the foliar-feeding nematode Anguina pacificae, a problem of Poa annua greens in California
What is the active ingredient?
- On golf courses, applications can be made on all areas of play (greens, tees and fairways)
- In addition to golf courses, applications can be made to sod farms, sport fields, residential, institutional, municipal, commercial and other turfgrass areas
What is the mode of action?
- Fluopyram is the active ingredient that represents a new mode of action for broad-spectrum control of nematodes
- The chemical class is pyridinyl ethyl benzamide
- Fluopyram is classified as a systemic which has acropetal movement, moving up and outward to untreated parts of the turfgrass plant with the flow of water
What are the key benefits of Indemnify?
- Fluopyram blocks cellular respiration resulting in the death of the nematode
- Typical response of nematodes to treatment is paralysis without the ability to recover
How quickly does Indemnify work?
- Preventively, use in the fall to control nematodes and optimize root health prior to dormancy or to ensure healthy roots during semi-dormancy
- Preventively, use in the spring to control nematodes and ensure normal green up/transition of turfgrass
- Curatively, use any time of the year when nematode populations cause visual symptoms
How long will the effects last?
- The effect on nematodes is initially paralysis and this begins once the nematicide makes contact
- In general, visual improvement to damaged turf occurs 4 weeks after application
Can I use Indemnify with my existing Nortica® 10 WP program?
- Effects of improved turfgrass quality can last between 2-6 months
- The exact duration is dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, nematode species and turfgrass type
Can I mix Indemnify with other products I use?
- In the spring and fall, tank-mix Indemnify with Nortica to control key nematodes and optimize root health
- In the spring and fall, apply Indemnify and then Nortica to protect and grow healthy roots
How does Indemnify compare to traditional or historical nematicides?
- Indemnify is physically and biologically compatible with many registered pesticides, fertilizers, and micronutrients, but not all combinations have been tested
- You must first determine the chemical, physical, biological and plant compatibility of such mixes prior to making applications on a broad scale
Do I need to water in Indemnify applications?
What personal protective equipment (PPE) is required when using Indemnify?
- Indemnify provides a simple solution for controlling key nematodes without invasive application methods or phytotoxicity concerns
- Indemnify provides effective control at low use rates with fewer applications (1-4 per year)
- Signal word is CAUTION
- Long-sleeved shirt, long pants, shoes plus socks, chemical resistant gloves such as Nitrile or butyl material